Assessing the impact of COVID-19 on tourism in North America
Conference Dates August 6, 2020 – at 10:00 am MDT (noon EDT)
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the tourism industry has been effectively shut down around the globe. This has resulted in a deep and direct hit to airlines, hotels, tour operators, restaurants, and so many other tourism-related businesses.
While we do not yet know the full extent of the impact that COVID-19 will have, we do know that its effects will be felt long after travel bans and social distancing measures are removed.
The goal of our new specialized study, Assessing the Impact of COVID-19 on Tourism in North America, is to redefine travel and tourism in the context of the COVID-19 era, and to develop an in-depth understanding of travellers’ needs, motivations, and behaviour in what may be a “new normal.”
This study is designed to provide a comprehensive look at the current and future state of travel and tourism in Canada and the United States, to provide the industry with the insights and recommendations needed to help achieve success moving forward.
TOPIC AREAS (AMONG CANADIANS AND AMERICANS)
- Their leisure travel experiences before COVID-19, including domestic vs. international, modes of transportation, accommodation types, regional travel experiences, etc.
- The impact of COVID-19 on their 2020 travel plans
- Their current travel attitudes and behaviours, including their comfort levels and willingness to travel (and the extent to which certain factors will influence each)
- Their future travel plans in general, including willingness to travel in the coming year, key destinations, modes of transportation, trip types, experiences, and accommodations
- Whether they are willing to travel locally, including where they look for information about local travel, and how aware they are of the product and service offerings available to them within their region
- Specific elements of their next scheduled or tentative leisure travel experience, including where they will travel, when they will travel, how they will get there, what they plan to do, and their approximate budget
- And more!
Read original article at Travel Tourism Dot News