GRENADA READY FOR RETURN OF CANADIANS
With winter on the horizon and air service from Canada set to resume on Oct. 31, Grenada has unveiled a host of fall, winter and holiday getaway packages designed to tempt travellers looking to escape the snowy season and pandemic lockdowns.
According to the Grenada Tourism Authority (GTA), Canadians will be able to reach the Spice Islands, which comprise Grenada, Carriacou, and Petite Martinique via:
• Air Canada mainline direct service, twice a week (Wednesday and Sunday) from Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) to Maurice Bishop International Airport (GND) starting Oct. 31
• Sunwing service once a week from YYZ to GND, expected to start Nov. 7
“We are truly a slice of paradise with a low-key vibe, warm and welcoming people, and offerings that connect visitors not only with nature and amazing water adventures, but also with a fascinating culinary journey,” says GTA CEO Petra Roach. “New and expanded air service helps Grenada regain its position as a highly attractive destination for visitors seeking a distinctive Caribbean experience.”
Attributes of the islands include spectacular natural topography, complemented by a charming selection of luxury boutique hotels and villas, 40 white sandy beaches including world-famous Grand Anse Beach, and 15 breathtaking waterfalls.
Additional attractions include six chocolate factories, three rum distilleries, and more than 30 dive sites, including the largest shipwreck in the Caribbean, the Bianca C, and the World’s First Underwater Sculpture Park.
Below is a roundup of the hotels offering holiday and winter packages for travellers (all rates USD):
• Silversands Grenada, one of Grenada’s modern resorts, is offering a special “Time to ‘Fall’ For Grenada” package with 25% off stays through Dec. 17, with breakfast for two included. The resort is also offering a 25% off discount on room and breakfast for Winter Early Birds who book by Dec. 17 for travel between Jan. 8 and April 30, 2022.
• Mount Cinnamon Resort, a luxurious hotel with 37 villas and suites, is offering a Yoga Spice Package, which includes a five-night stay in an Ocean View Cinnamon Suite, daily breakfast, daily yoga classes, a signature massage at the Cinnamon Spa, a Spice School cooking class, complimentary WIFI, and access to water sports, tennis and fitness facilities, and Mount Cinnamon’s beach club. Valid for travel until Dec. 20 with rates starting at $2,100 double including taxes.
• Mount Hartman Bay Estate Private Resort, an expansive estate, is offering a winter special with a free upgrade to “all inclusive.” This includes all meals and beverages, use of boats, yoga, and water aerobics. The minimum four-night stay offer (10 over Easter) must be booked by May 31.
• Laluna Boutique Hotel and Villas, a 16-cottage romantic hotel, is offering a 7-night Honeymoon Package, which includes a cottage suite with private pool and veranda, daily yoga/meditation sessions, Balinese couples massage, an additional spa treatment for each, candle lit dinner at the beach, bottle of prosecco, daily a-la-carte breakfast and dinner not including beverages, a walk in the rainforest with waterfall swim, a $1,000 resort credit, along with an upgrade to a Deluxe Cottage for $95/night. Rates begin at $5,417.00 (may vary on the season).
• Calabash Grenada, an elegant boutique hotel, is offering its 2022 Two Centre Packages, with a winter stay featuring a trip to both Grenada and Barbados. Guests who book a 7-night minimum stay between Jan. 5 and April 5, 2022, at Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel, Grenada and Cobblers Cove, Barbados, will get complimentary inter-island air transfers for two travellers.
• 473 Grenada Boutique Resort is offering a 20% discount on all villas or 30% on the 3-bedroom deluxe with the promo code “WINTERSUN22.” When booking directly, guests will receive a complimentary villa upgrade, complimentary water sports such as paddle boarding, kayaking, and snorkeling, free room service delivery, best rates guaranteed, complimentary laundry services, local partners discounts, complimentary resort & villas WIFI, early check-in and late-check out option, and free car parking.
• Guests can receive 30% off their stay at one of the Caribbean’s eco-friendly resorts True Blue Bay Resort when booking directly on the website. Use promotion code “30OFF” here when travelling before Dec. 15, 2022.
• Blue Star Apartments & Hotel is offering a 25% off discount on week-plus stays to all vaccinated travellers who book a direct stay by Dec. 15. Guests must travel within the dates of Nov. 1-Jan. 15, 2022.
• Book direct at Petite Anse Hotel, a boutique hotel, to receive 10% off. This special only applies to new bookings.
PURE SAFE TRAVEL
All persons entering Grenada either by air or sea must be fully vaccinated at least two weeks prior with a WHO-approved vaccination and present a negative PCR test result taken within three days of arrival. The cost for the PCR test has been reduced to US$50. Exemptions to fully vaccinated status include persons under 13.
A ‘Pure Safe Travel Authorization Certificate’ is needed by each traveller, including children, arriving in Grenada. Fully vaccinated travellers are only required to quarantine until clearance is received from Health Officials within 48 hours, pending a negative PCR test on entry. Attractions are open to visitors and dine in at restaurants is available to fully vaccinated persons.
For more information visit HERE.
First published at Travel Industry Today