WHAT’S NEW IN GREATER FORT LAUDERDALE
If you think you’ve seen it all in Greater Fort Lauderdale, think again. This ever-evolving region has dozens upon dozens of new hotels, restaurants, bars, attractions and more. Read on for the latest and greatest to give your clients a vacation they’ll never forget.
Hotel Dello Fort Lauderdale Airport, Tapestry Collection by Hilton and avid hotel Ft Lauderdale Airport – Cruise opened in Dania Beach, offering locations close to FLL, the Port Everglades cruise terminal, the Casino @Dania Beach, famous eateries and more. At Hotel Dello, your clients can enjoy a complimentary airport shuttle, seasonal heated pool, fitness center, restaurant and bar. avid hotel guests will enjoy guest-centric hallmarks such as best-in-class room design for sound sleeping, seamless technology and a high-quality grab-and-go breakfast.
Here’s a smorgasbord of the latest dining delights to hit Greater Fort Lauderdale’s thriving culinary scene. Bon appétit!
• Your clients can enjoy amazing cuisine blending coastal Florida and Eastern Mediterranean flavors at Evelyn’s Fort Lauderdale, located at the Four Seasons Hotel and Residences Fort Lauderdale.
• A reimagined Timpano on Las Olas Boulevard features daily handcrafted pasta and a “parm to table” experience.
• They won’t want to miss Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana, now open in Plantation, the only location in the Southern U.S.
• Harat’s By The Sea in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea features daily happy hour, live music, fresh seafood and seasonal fare.
• They can indulge in pies, cakes, savories and other baked goods from Fireman Derek’s Bake Shop, now open in Fort Lauderdale.
• Treat them to an entire wall of candy and chocolates from around the world at Hof’s House of Sweets, now open on Las Olas Blvd. in downtown Fort Lauderdale.
• New vendors to Sistrunk Marketplace in Fort Lauderdale include Crunly Churros, Made in Italy, Mari’s Kitchen, Henry’s Sandwiches and Island Made. Plus 32 handcrafted beers now on tap from Taste Dream State Brewing.
• Casa Sensei in Fort Lauderdale has launched a grill-your-own experience with A5 Japanese wagyu beef, one of the world’s most exquisite meats.
• A 40-year-old Italian favorite, Anthony’s Runway 84, has been transformed into a supper club featuring live music.
And a few more delights in store… coming in 2023. Baresco, a Mexican restaurant in Pompano Beach Fishing Village, will feature fresh seafood with Mexican flare, a 40-seat private indoor dining room and an expansive, 150-seat covered patio. TIMBR will be opening up on Las Olas Blvd. in downtown Fort Lauderdale and will invite visitors to an enchanted world with a totally unique dining concept. The 6,500-square-foot space is undergoing a multi-million-dollar transformation and will serve as an ode to nature. Your clients can enjoy beautifully prepared twists on their favorite American and European dishes, a superb wine list and cutting-edge cocktails. Additionally, the Victory Entertainment Complex in Fort Lauderdale’s historic Sistrunk neighborhood will open in spring of 2023 and feature a distillery, cigar bar, rooftop area, and a wine and whiskey lounge.
Your guests can experience a “Top of the Tower” tour with scenic views of area waterways at the reimagined Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Center and International Swimming Hall of Fame. The $47 million renovation and expansion features five swimming pools, a 27-meter dive tower with springboards, nine platform levels and more.
New explorations await at the exquisite Bonnet House Museum & Gardens, now offering a paddleboard or kayak tour with Sunrise Paddleboards. After your clients paddle from Coconut Cove, they can walk the grounds of this historical plantation that’s home to raccoons, wild monkeys, turtles, manatees, heron and other critters.
Learn more about the fabulous new offerings in Greater Fort Lauderdale and tools and tips for travel agents at VisitLauderdale.com/Travel-Trade. https://www.visitlauderdale.com/travel-trade/ Link
First published at Travel Industry Today