UNVEILED: Disney shows off 2023 bridal collection, new wedding features
Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons has launched its 2023 collection of bridal gowns and the first-ever collection of Disney Princess-inspired bridesmaid dresses. Also unveiled at Disney Weddings is a new coach at Disneyland, as the company showcases its venues for nuptials around the world coinciding with this year’s 100th anniversary celebrations.
Twenty-one gowns were recently unveiled during a fashion show in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Resort in California. The 2023 collection includes gowns inspired by Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Rapunzel, Snow White and Tiana.
They also feature new and innovative fabrics, including a signature sparkle tulle on a Princess Jasmine-inspired Platinum gown and a laser-cut lace design on soft satin featured on a Rapunzel-inspired style.
A Cinderella-inspired ballgown offers a unique platinum colourway option, while a dreamy vintage look for the Princess Tiana-inspired gown, shimmering with thousands of beads and sequins, captures the spirit of the Jazz Age.
Disney and Allure Bridals launched their first sophisticated bridal line in 2020, offering modern brides stunning, on-trend gowns that capture the style and spirit of beloved Disney Princess characters. Three years and four collections later, Allure Bridals provides various options that designed to transform a bride’s look, like the stunning, detachable overskirts available on a selection of gowns, including one Rapunzel-inspired dress and the Platinum Cinderella dress. Platinum Aurora and Tiana gowns feature detachable sleeves for a chic transitional option from aisle to reception.
With details such as ethereal puff sleeves, and accessories like custom veil options and delicate tulle flowers, the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings 2023 Collection has a dresses available in sizes 0 to 30, starting at US$1,799.
In an expansion beyond bridalwear, the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection will also introduce nine princess-inspired bridesmaid gowns for the first time this Fall. The bridesmaid collection is inspired by the personalities and essence of Disney Princess characters and stories, incorporating subtle design cues meant to complement each Princess-inspired bridal gown, which are available in a range of colours and romantic fabrics like stretch chiffon, stretch satin, and stretch satin jersey fabric in sizes XS to 4X. More details will be revealed in the coming months.
New coach at Disneyland Resort
Meanwhile, Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons has also unveiled the design of a new coach (photo) that will join the fleet of Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings carriages. The new coach features details inspired by the classic Disney love story, Cinderella, and will arrive at Disneyland Resort this fall. Handcrafted details include a pumpkin canopy and an interior shrouded in delicate vines. The new coach at Disneyland Resort will round out the trio of carriages that include the Cinderella Coach at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and the Disney Fairy Tale Carriage at Disneyland Paris.
Disney wedding venues
Couples marrying with Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings can celebrate their wedding ceremonies and receptions in Disney locations around the world. There’s the enchanting Disney’s Wedding Pavilion at Walt Disney World Resort, theme park lands and attractions, a stunning beachfront resort in Hawaii, the ships of Disney Cruise Line and more.
“Our goal is to bring fairy tales to life. Immersive and one-of-a-kind venues allow us to tell each couple’s unique love story in an epic and magical way,” says Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons marketing director Korri McFann.
In honour of the 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company, Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings is showcasing more than 100+ wedding venues at Disney destinations around the globe:
• Walt Disney World Resort – More than 50 unique venues span international settings at EPCOT – from Italian courtyards to a replica of China’s Temple of Heaven, to a backdrop of the Eiffel Tower. At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, couples are immersed in vibrant settings like Harambe Village in Africa, the Belvedere Palace Ruins hidden in the jungles of Asia and many more. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, couples can dance the night away on Sunset Boulevard, and at Magic Kingdom Park, they can marry with views of Cinderella Castle.
• Resorts – Numerous resort locations feature beach settings, intimate gazebos, lush lawns and more. Disney’s Wedding Pavilion is a purpose-built wedding venue at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in Walt Disney World. Situated on its own private island in Seven Seas Lagoon, the pavilion is accessed via a bridge and features stunning crystal chandeliers, intricate stained-glass windows and a 75-foot aisle with Cinderella Castle as its backdrop. Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort boast tropical and waterside settings for couples to celebrate their weddings with a touch of Disney magic.
• Disneyland Resort offers multiple in-park venues, from the Victorian splendor of Main Street, USA to the Fantasyland Courtyard. The resort’s themed hotels offer even more beautiful venues. There’s the rich Arts & Crafts setting of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and the whimsical fun of the Disneyland Hotel.
• Disney Cruise Line provides couples the chance to sail the high seas with their families and friends. From Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay, to beautiful ship atriums, and international itineraries, event possibilities are endless.
• Disneyland Paris – From castle courtyards to romantic gazebos, Disneyland Paris offers immersive fairy tale settings for couples dreaming of marrying in the city of love.
• Asia parks – Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings also take place at Shanghai Disney Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Tokyo Disney Resort – each offering unique backdrops for wedding celebrations.
To learn more about the new bridal and bridesmaid collections, visit www.allurebridals.com. For information on booking a wedding, honeymoon, anniversary, or vowel renewal, visit DisneyWeddings.com.
First published at Travel Industry Today