ABC and Disney Parks Feature Nostalgic Performances
ABC serves up an extra helping of holiday magic this Thanksgiving with a nostalgic fifth anniversary edition of “The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration,” Thursday, Nov. 26(9:00-11:00 p.m. EST). Original hosts Derek and Julianne Hough return, kicking off the night with a glittering new holiday performance, while Trevor Jackson (Freeform’s “grown-ish”) hosts from Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Together, they will take viewers on a wintry ride through fan-favorite performances and new heartwarming family moments. Viewers will also get a brand-new sneak peek into Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure coming in 2021 to EPCOT in Florida.
– Original Hosts Derek and Julianne Hough Return to Co-Host Alongside ‘grown-is’ Star Trevor Jackson
Derek and Julianne to Perform Spectacular New Musical Opening Number
– Festive Flashback Performances to Include Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel, Kelly Clarkson,
Jason Derulo, Ciara, Andrea Bocelli, OneRepublic, Pentatonix, Becky G, Shaggy,
Boyz II Men and JoJo, Meghan Trainor and Brett Eldridge, and Aloe Blacc
In addition to magical holiday moments, viewers will also get a sneak peek at Disney and Pixar’s all-new feature film “Soul,” before it becomes available exclusively on Disney+ (where Disney+ is available) beginning Dec. 25, 2020. Featuring the voices of Jamie Foxx and Tina Fey, “Soul” introduces a middle-school band teacher who teams up with a sarcastic new soul on a mission to figure out exactly what makes life worth living.
Musical performances include the following:
- Emmy®Award-winning hosts Derek Hough and Julianne Hough sing and dance through a medley of holiday classics in a fantastical new show open.
- GRAMMY®Award-winning singer/songwriter Ciara gives a festive spin on a “Jingle Bells/Jingle Bell Rock” medley(2017).
- Multiple GRAMMY Award winner Kelly Clarkson belts her version of “Underneath the Tree”(2016).
- Global superstar Jason Derulo performs his take on “Silent Night”(2017).
- GRAMMY Award-nominated OneRepublic perform a rocking rendition of “What a Wonderful World”(2016).
- GRAMMY Award winner Meghan Trainor and CMA Award-winning country artist Brett Eldridge share a sweet rendition of “Baby, It’s Cold Outside”(2018).
- GRAMMY Award-winning and multiplatinum-selling artist Pentatonix give their rendition of “Deck the Halls” (2019).
- Tony®Award-winning actress Idina Menzel joins fellow “Frozen” star Kristen Bell for a chilling performance of “When We’re Together”from “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure” (2017).
- Boyz II Men take on “Let It Snow”alongside “December Baby” singer/songwriter JoJo (2016).
- World-renowned Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli lends his voice to a rendition of “White Christmas”(2018).
- GRAMMY Award-nominated artist Aloe Blacc performs “I Got Your Christmas Right Here (2018).
- Global superstar Becky G performs “Santa Baby”(2016).
- Following the release of his new album, “Christmas in the Islands,” multiple GRAMMY Award-winning global reggae/dancehall and pop music icon Shaggy sings “Jamaican Drummer Boy”(2019).
The holiday special is a collaboration by Disney Parks, ABC Entertainment and Endeavor Content’s Film 45.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products brings the magic of The Walt Disney Company’s powerful brands and franchises — including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN, Twentieth Century Studios and National Geographic — into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create magical memories that last a lifetime.
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland in Anaheim, California, on July 17, 1955, he created a unique destination built around storytelling and immersive experiences, ushering in a new era of family entertainment. More than 60 years later, Disney has grown into one of the world’s leading providers of family travel and leisure experiences, with iconic businesses including six resort destinations with 12 theme parks and 53 resorts in the United States, Europe and Asia with more than 170,000 cast members; a top-rated cruise line with four ships and plans for three more to be completed in 2021, 2022 and 2023; a luxurious family beach resort in Hawaii; a popular vacation ownership program; and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney Imagineers are the creative force behind Disney theme parks, resort hotels and cruise ships globally.
Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing includes the world’s leading licensing business; one of the world’s largest children’s publishing brands; one of the world’s largest licensors of games across platforms; more than 300 Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About ABC Entertainment
ABC Entertainment airs compelling programming across all day parts, including “Grey’s Anatomy,” the longest-running medical drama in primetime television; riveting dramas “The Good Doctor,” “A Million Little Things” and “Station 19”; trailblazing comedy favorites “American Housewife,” “black-ish,” “The Conners,” “The Goldbergs” and “mixed-ish”; the popular “Summer Fun & Games” programming block, including “Celebrity Family Feud,” “Holey Moley,” “Match Game,” “Press Your Luck” and “To Tell the Truth”; star-making sensation “American Idol”; reality phenomenon “Shark Tank”; “The Bachelor” franchise; long-running hits “Dancing with the Stars” and “America’s Funniest Home Videos”; “General Hospital,” which has aired for more than 55 years on the network; and late-night talk show “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”; as well as two critically acclaimed, Emmy® Award-winning “Live in Front of a Studio Audience” specials. The network also boasts some of television’s most prestigious awards shows, including “The Oscars®,” “The CMA Awards” and the “American Music Awards.”
About Endeavor Content
Endeavor Content is a global leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater and audio content. Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators and production companies in an ever-evolving media landscape. Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
Copyright©2020 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. All photography is copyrighted material and is for editorial use only. Images are not to be archived, altered, duplicated, resold, retransmitted or used for any other purposes without written permission of ABC. Images are distributed to the press in order to publicize current programming. Any other usage must be licensed. Photos posted for Web use must be at the low resolution of 72dpi, no larger than 2×3 in size.