OutriggerPromise: Love Your Hawaii Holiday or Get One For Free
Hawaii, United States, February 8, 2021 / TRAVELINDEX / Outrigger Hotels and Resorts today unveiled The Outrigger Promise with a bold pledge: If guests don’t love their Hawaii holiday at Outrigger, the premier beach resort brand will credit the guest for a future stay, on the house.
While some hotel chains have a satisfaction guarantee on the room product – this experiential promise is, by all accounts, an industry first.
A study released last week from Hawaii Tourism Authority showed that 94% of recent visitors to Hawaii said their trip either met or exceeded their expectations. The Outrigger Promise enables adventure seekers, solo explorers, families and friends to book the future trip they have been dreaming about, with confidence.
“Now that the State of Hawaii Safe Travels protocols are in place, vaccines are becoming available and hope is on the horizon, The Outrigger Promise further inspires travellers to make meaningful memories in one of the most naturally beautiful and culturally rich places on earth,” said Sean Dee, EVP and chief marketing officer for Outrigger Hospitality Group.
“We’re confident that visitors will love their Hawaii vacation with us – if they don’t, we’ll credit them a future stay,” said Dee. “That’s a promise.”
Participating properties include the iconic Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, located on the sands fronting world-famous “canoes” surf spot and home of Duke’s Waikiki restaurant, plus the all-new Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger, Hawaii’s only craft hotel in the heart of Waikiki, featuring the Maui Brewing Co. restaurant.
Further underscoring Outrigger’s promise to providing guests with a worry-free stay in paradise, both locations follow strict cleaning and sanitation guidelines under Outrigger’s Clean Commitment, with an enhanced focus on the health and safety of both guests and hosts.
THE OUTRIGGER PROMISE AND A SAMPLE OF HAWAII EXPERIENCES
We promise that guests who stay at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort or Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger for four nights or more in 2021 will love their Hawaii experience. If they don’t, they can simply phone Outrigger’s call centre to be credited for a future stay, subject to applicable terms and conditions.
Here’s a sampling of safe and fun experiences that may be available and could help make this 2021 vacation exceptional:
• Surf: The turquoise waters fronting Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort is where modern surfing was born and where legendary Duke Kahanamoku inspired the world. Take a surf or stand-up paddle board (SUP) lesson, or catch a wave in an outrigger canoe with our partners at Faith Surf School. No matter how big or small, the rush of sliding down a Waikiki wave with Diamond Head in the distance, is a swell time and elicits a joy like no other.
• Nature: Research suggests that being in nature makes us happier and healthier; outdoor excursions have a positive effect on our brains and our bodies. Hawaii’s consistent, balmy temperature of 25C to 30C offers ample opportunity for open-air adventures. So stop and smell the plumeria, hike up Diamond Head and hunt for rainbows, go snorkelling at Hanauma Bay and watch for friendly green sea turtles – a symbol of good luck.
• Fresh Flavours: Honolulu has emerged as a major U.S. culinary hotspot, with a melting pot of eateries that utilise fresh, local ingredients to create mouth-watering dishes with influences from around the globe. Sample highly distinctive local craft beers and bites from the State’s largest indoor bar at Maui Brew Co. Grab an Instagram-worthy papaya smoothie bowl from Sunrise Shack or duck into Duke’s Waikiki – the famous beachfront restaurant for some fresh fare and famous Hula Pie. Foodies will delight at Roy’s Waikiki for upscale cuisine from around the Pacific.
• Culture: The spirit of aloha – living a life of kindness and compassion – is found in the cultural expressions of art, dance, music and more. See the stories of Hawaii’s past gracefully come alive during hula performances at Waikiki Beach Walk, then learn to dance with a free hula class on Sunday mornings. Live Hawaiian music serenades guests at Blue Note Hawaii and at venues across Waikiki. Plus, guests of Outrigger get free admission to Honolulu Museum of Art and discounted tickets to Bishop Museum – two distinct institutions to explore the history, culture and environment of Hawaii and beyond.
• Give Back: The Outrigger Way is to care for its hosts, care for its guests and care for the places where it does business. Outrigger is deeply committed to doing its part to protect and preserve Hawaii’s natural environment. Guests can do their part to give-back to the destination and have hands-on experiences with Outrigger’s Malama Hawaii eco-adventure package with Kualoa Ranch. Or they can learn more about the importance of coral conservation through the Outrigger’s ZONE (OZONE) initiative – then lather up with complimentary reef-safe sunscreen from All Good before enjoying the Hawaii sunshine.
Guests are encouraged to share their Hawaii experiences on social media, leveraging the hashtag #OutriggerPromise.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
To be eligible for The Outrigger Promise, travellers must book a minimum four-night stay at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort or Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger only through the following channels: directly at Outrigger.com or by calling +1-303-369-7777 within the booking window of 4 February, 2021 through 1 May, 2021 for stays within the period of 1 March, 2021 through 21 December, 2021.
Following the vacation with Outrigger, if the guest feels that The Outrigger Promise has not been met, they must call an Outrigger representative at: +1-303-369-7777 no later than 21 December, 2021 to receive night credits for a future stay. The guest will be credited for the same property, same room category, and no more than the original number of days stayed, up to 14 days. Blackout dates may apply. Redemption of the credit to be used no later than 21 Dec, 2022 and applies to the guest’s room rate only; it does not include any other costs, such as travel, COVID-19 testing, taxes or resort charge, which will be the responsibility of the guest. This limited-time offer may only be redeemed once. For more information and qualifying criteria, visit: Outrigger.com/promise.
SAFE TRAVELS TO THE ALOHA STATE
As part of the Safe Travel Hawaii programme, travellers with a negative COVID-19 test result from a trusted travel partner, 72 hours prior to arriving at Oahu will not be subject to a 10-day quarantine.
ABOUT OUTRIGGER HOSPITALITY GROUP
For more than 70 years, Outrigger Hotels and Resorts has charted a journey of discovery – expanding from Hawaii to premier resort destinations including Fiji and Mauritius. The privately held hospitality company invites guests to ‘Escape Ordinary’ with authentic Signature Experiences and the Outrigger DISCOVERY loyalty program. Outrigger’s multi-branded portfolio includes Outrigger® Resorts, OHANA Hotels by Outrigger®, Hawaii Vacation Condos by Outrigger®, Kapalua Villas Maui, and its newest addition, Honua Kai Resort & Spa Maui while also managing select properties from top international hotel brands including Embassy Suites®, Best Western® and Hilton Grand VacationsTM.