The Anam Brings Jolly Good Cheer to Cam Ranh
The Anam Mui Ne will soon celebrate its first Christmas, joining sister property The Anam Cam Ranh to offer sublime festive season merriment including Christmas tree-lighting ceremonies, BBQ seafood buffets, countdown parties and more.
After debuting in January this year with a design redolent of the Indochine period, The Anam Mui Ne’s program from Dec. 23, 2023 until Jan. 1, 2024 is packed with festivities including:
- A tree-lighting ceremony with a live pianist in the lobby on Dec. 23 from 5.30-6.30pm, accompanied by canapes, snacks, mulled wine and hot chocolate.
- A BBQ Christmas buffet at Indochine on Christmas Eve from 6.30-10pm, where Santa will hand out gifts and a live band will perform. The buffet comes with free-flow house wine, beer, soft drinks, tea and coffee. Free-flow sparkling wine and Champagne are optional.
- A three-course Christmas Eve set menu at Lang Viet Restaurant & Bar on Dec. 24 from 6.30-10pm featuring Vietnamese cuisine with a festive twist accompanied by free-flow beer, soft drinks and many kinds of tea.
- A Christmas Day breakfast service at the Indochine replete with panettone, Christmas log cake, special pastries, cakes, cookies, a live hot chocolate and mocha station.
- A natural body scrub-making class on Christmas Day at the resort’s lawn area from 4-4.30pm, teaching guests how to make their own homemade body scrub with natural ingredients. The Anam Spa’s therapists will also conduct express head massage classes from 4-4.30pm at the lawn on Dec. 27 and Jan. 1.
- Workshops involving decorating Non La hats, painting mini statues, weaving coconut leaves into crafts, and making Christmas Cards and paper lanterns, on the lawn from Dec. 25-30.
- A pizza making workshop on the Indochine terrace from 3-4pm on Dec. 30.
- A New Year’s Eve seafood BBQ buffet at Lang Viet Restaurant & Bar with a live band and a circus-themed BBQ buffet at Indochine. Both buffets will be staged from 7-10pm with selected free-flow beverages. Free-flow sparkling wine and Champagne are optional at the Indochine’s buffet.
- The New Year’s Eve countdown party will kick off at 10pm at the resort’s beachfront grass area, with highlights including games, food stations, a live band, and free-flow packages.
- Bloody Mary and Mimosa stations during the Jan. 1, 2024 breakfast service.
- Daily sunrise yoga.
- Happy hour daily at all outlets from 2-4pm with 50% off the price of beverages
The Anam Cam Ranh’s festive season program from Dec. 15 until Jan. 1 features:
- The Colonial’s Festive High Tea with sweets and savories, fruit, juice, teas, coffee and sparkling wine, accompanied by live piano music from 3-5pm on Dec. 15, 24, 25 and 31.
- A tree-lighting ceremony with a Christmas choir in the lobby on Dec. 23 from 6-6.45pm with mulled wine, fruit punch, hot chocolate and Christmas cookies.
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve cocktail parties at the lobby lawn area with canapes, snacks, mulled wine and beer from 6-7pm. A guitarist and violinist perform at the parties.
- Delectable eight-course degustation dinners at The Colonial, with optional wine pairing, from 7-9pm on Dec. 24 and Dec. 31.
- Traditional Vietnamese cuisine cooked by mothers of the staff as part of Lang Viet Restaurant & Bar’s “Mama’s Cooking” buffet from 7-9pm on Christmas Eve with free-flow cocktails, beer and beverages.
- Tapas and cocktails at Saigon Bar from 11am-1pm on Dec. 24, 25, 31, and Jan. 1.
- A Christmas choir and welcome sparkling wine at Indochine’s breakfast service on Christmas Day.
- A seafood BBQ buffet at Lang Viet Restaurant & Bar on New Year’s Eve with free-flow cocktails, beer and wine to a backdrop of a live Filipino band from 7-9pm.
- Beach Club will host a live band and countdown party on Dec. 31 from 9:15pm, with cocktails, Champagne, finger food and more on offer.
- Happy Hour promotions at Saigon Bar and Beach Club throughout the program.
“Santa Claus is coming to two towns this Christmas – Cam Ranh and Mui Ne,” said The Anam Group’s general manager Laurent Myter. “We can’t wait to pop the champagne and celebrate what an extraordinary year 2023 has been for The Anam Group as we look forward to an even better year to come with exciting major projects to announce.”
Some of the festivities are complimentary such as, for example, the Christmas tree-lighting ceremonies, The Anam Mui Ne’s yoga classes and workshops on the grass area and The Anam Cam Ranh’s Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve cocktail parties. Other festivities such as, for example, both resorts’ buffet dinners, food and beverages at the countdown parties, and The Anam Cam Ranh’s degustation dinners and high teas, are chargeable.
About The Anam Group
After the auspicious debut of The Anam Cam Ranh in 2017, the independently owned and operated The Anam Group celebrated the grand opening of its second property, The Anam Mui Ne, in January 2023.
With “Indochine Charm” and “Modern Luxury” as its watchwords, the group blends colonial-era aesthetics and attentive Vietnamese service with modern comforts and convenience. “The Anam” today is a reference to another name, “An Nam”, which was the name of Central Vietnam during the French Indochina era.
The Anam Cam Ranh overlooks 300 metres of beachfront on Vietnam’s scenic Cam Ranh peninsula, which averages more than 300 sunny days per year. The luxurious five-star resort boasts 77 villas and 136 rooms and suites. The Anam Cam Ranh features a French-inspired fine dining restaurant, all-day dining restaurant, a Vietnamese restaurant and bar, a classical bar, a beach club, in-room dining, a 10 treatment-room spa, indoor and outdoor movie theatres, three capacious swimming pools, ballroom, conference rooms, recreation and fitness centre, a tennis court, yoga room and deck, kids club, putting green, gift shop and more.
Like its predecessor The Anam Cam Ranh, The Anam Mui Ne’s design is also an echo out of Vietnam’s Indochine era. Situated in southern Vietnam’s popular beach town Mui Ne, the 1.2 hectare beachfront resort affords spectacular ocean vistas and features 127 elegant rooms and suites, including seven 142sqm suites with private pools and a 122sqm presidential suite with an extra room for the bodyguards. Its dining landscape comprises an all-day dining restaurant and grill, beachside restaurant and bar, and lobby bar. A five-treatment room spa, two vast swimming pools, a ballroom, conference rooms, water sports center, fitness center, yoga room, kid’s club and gift shop are among the resort’s host of world-class facilities.