Hyatt Place at Wichita State University Celebrates Official Opening
WICHITA, Kan, September 22, 2020 / TRAVELINDEX / Hyatt Place at Wichita State University announced today its official opening expanding the Hyatt Place brand’s footprint globally in markets that matter most to guests and World of Hyatt members. The new hotel features the Hyatt Place brand’s intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings. The hotel is owned by Shocker Lodging, LLC and managed by Lodging One Hospitality, LLC.
Because Hyatt’s efforts are grounded in listening and fueled by care, Hyatt Place hotels combine style, innovation and 24/7 conveniences to create an easy to navigate experience for today’s multi-tasking traveler. This new hotel is located on the beautiful campus of Wichita State University and is minutes from many of the area’s largest employers. With access to K-96 and I-135, Hyatt Place at Wichita State University is a convenient travel option for all.
“We are excited to introduce the first Hyatt Place hotel to the Wichita community,” said General Manager Tami Barker. “Whether our guests are visiting campus, traveling for business or just passing through our beautiful city, Hyatt Place at Wichita State University offers exceptional convenience for any type of traveler.”
Hyatt Place at Wichita State University offers:
- 106 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- The Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night
- Breakfast Bar featuring hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and more
- The Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Event Spaces offering 1140 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- Fitness Center featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- Necessities program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
“This incredible hotel sets a new standard for upscale lodging in the Wichita area,” said Chris Heinz, President, Lodging One Hospitality, LLC.
HYATT PLACE AT WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY LEADERSHIP
Hyatt Place at Wichita State University is under the leadership of General Manager Tami Barker, Assistant General Manager Tyrone Shannon and Director of Sales Kylie Depew. In her role, Barker is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s 30 associates and ensuring guests encounter the thoughtful service for which the Hyatt Place brand is known. Depew is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting Wichita area.
Guided by its purpose of care, Hyatt’s multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment further enhances its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind.
Read original article at Hyatt Newsroom