Hyatt Celebrates the Opening of the First Five UrCove Hotels in China
Chicago, Illinois, United States, January 6, 2021 / TRAVELINDEX / Hyatt today announced that UrCove, the new hospitality brand developed under a joint venture between Hyatt and BTG Homeinns Hotel Group affiliates, opened its first five properties – UrCove Shanghai Jing’an, UrCove Shanghai Lujiazui EXPO, UrCove Shanghai Wujiaochang, UrCove Chengdu City Center and UrCove Nanjing South Railway Station. These new additions to Hyatt’s portfolio in these popular destination cities in China aim to better serve the highly mobile travelers in the upper-mid segment, which will contribute to Hyatt’s commitment to further expand its brand footprint and achieve meaningful growth in the region. Further, these properties increase the World of Hyatt loyalty program’s presence in China, providing World of Hyatt members more unique stay options to choose from and more opportunities to earn and redeem points on hotel stays along with exclusive in-hotel benefits.
“China remains a priority market for Hyatt’s growth, and we are committed to unlocking the huge potential of the country’s emerging middle class and growing domestic travel trends,” said Stephen Ho, president of growth and operations, Asia Pacific, Hyatt. “UrCove hotels cater to the underserved premium upper-midscale segment and with five UrCove hotels open in the major gateway cities of Shanghai, Chengdu and Nanjing, the brand is more accessible for this large, attractive and growing customer base. This also marks a tremendous business opportunity for Hyatt and BTG Homeinns Hotel Group, as we continue enriching guests’ and World of Hyatt members’ experiences with more unique stay options, now including the UrCove brand.”
“We are excited that our collaboration with Hyatt has come to realization after 17 months of hard work,” said David Sun, general manager of BTG Homeinns Hotels Group, chairman & chief executive officer of Homeinns Hotel Group. “By combining our extensive knowledge of the local market with Hyatt’s experience in premium care and hospitality, UrCove hotels are setting a new benchmark in the local hospitality industry.”
All UrCove hotels are conveniently located in the heart of bustling cities, blending comfort and convenience for modern travelers.
- UrCove Shanghai Jing’an: 265 guestrooms; located in the Jing’an central business district, which is one of the most vibrant areas in Shanghai.
- UrCove Shanghai Lujiazui EXPO: 142 guestrooms; located in the South of Lujiazui CBD, one of the busiest financial centers in Shanghai, surrounded by shopping centers, upscale office buildings and distinguished schools, with close proximity to popular attractions like the Oriental Pearl Radio & TV Tower.
- UrCove Shanghai Wujiaochang: 199 guestrooms; located in the Wujiaochang business circle, which is the busiest business hub in northern Shanghai and one of the most popular leisure and shopping areas.
- UrCove Chengdu City Center: 204 guestrooms; located in the center of Chengdu Digital Square business district. The hotel offers guests travel and business convenience to reach every corner of the city where they could experience the authentic Chengdu life and culture in the heart of Chengdu.
- UrCove Nanjing South Railway Station: 205 guestrooms; adjacent to Nanjing South Railway Station, one of the largest railway transportation hubs in China, offering convenience for guests to explore the city while indulging in the rich culture of Nanjing, the ancient capital of six China dynasties.
Each hotel features an all-day dining restaurant, a 24-hour gym, a self-service laundry room and meeting rooms. New smart service facilities support self-service check-in and checkout and all hotels feature the signature “UrCove Space,” which offers guests a multi-functional space for business and social gatherings.
“All UrCove hotels are equipped with advanced technology, thoughtful & social communal spaces to provide guests with a seamless, comfortable and refined living environment,” said Elton Sun, chief executive officer and managing director of the joint venture. “With more hotels expected to open doors in gateway cities in China in the coming years, we aim to cater to more frequent business travelers, providing them with a reliable shelter and cozy sanctuary.”
World of Hyatt members booking a UrCove stay through Hyatt channels can earn and redeem points through World of Hyatt, while guests booking through Homeinns channels can participate in BTG Homeinns Club, Homeinns Hotels Group’s loyalty program.
When World of Hyatt members book an eligible UrCove stay through Hyatt channels, they will be able to take advantage of the valuable loyalty benefits they’ve come to expect from World of Hyatt, including:
- World of Hyatt members will earn five Base Points per $1 USD spent on eligible room revenue
- Elite World of Hyatt members will receive the standard tier Bonus Points on eligible room revenue spend (10 percent for Discoverists, 20 percent for Explorists, 30 percent for Globalists)
- Qualifying nights will count toward earning World of Hyatt elite-tier status
- Qualifying stays will count toward earning the 5 Unique Brand Free Night Award credit
- World of Hyatt members can redeem points or Points + Cash to use for free night awards in standard rooms; each existing and forthcoming UrCove property will be categorized into Hyatt’s existing hotel award chart
- In-hotel benefits that vary by member tier and include things like complimentary premium Wi-Fi, late check out, free parking for Globalists and more.
Guests can join World of Hyatt for free online at worldofhyatt.com, via a Global Contact Center or at any Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide.
World of Hyatt Gives Members 500 Reasons to Stay Somewhere New
To provide World of Hyatt members even more ways to be rewarded when they’re ready to travel again, World of Hyatt is offering members the opportunity to earn 500 Bonus Points for qualifying nights at UrCove Shanghai Luijiazui EXPO, UrCove Shanghai Jing’an and UrCove Shanghai Wujiaochang, between November 1, 2020 and January 31, 2021, as part of World of Hyatt’s new hotel member offer. No registration is required, and members can earn on top of other offers.
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
Read original article at Hyatt Newsroom