Hyatt Announces Global Expansion of Independent Collection Brands
Chicago, Illinois, United States, March 5, 2021 / TRAVELINDEX / Hyatt Hotels Corporation announced today the global growth of its independent collection brands, including recent openings and development plans through 2025 across The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt and JdV by Hyatt brands. This growth reinforces Hyatt’s focus on continuing to immerse guests, members and customers into cultures and destinations that matter most to them.
Hyatt’s independent collection brands encompass diverse properties, each true to its destination and offering the modern traveler enriching experiences in new and exciting ways. Whether it’s a luxury hotel in The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand with a rich history, a boutique JdV by Hyatt hotel inspired by its vibrant neighborhood, or an immersive resort retreat within the Destination by Hyatt brand, each hotel delivers one-of-a-kind guest experiences for every occasion.
“With each new hotel opening under Hyatt’s three independent collection brands, we are encouraging unique discovery of the local culture or history of the hotel’s location, truly illustrating the spirit of these three distinct brands,” said Katie Johnson, global brand leader, independent collection, Hyatt. “Learning from our guests, members, and customers is key to Hyatt. Each of these hotels accelerates our efforts to expand our independent collections in markets that reach travelers and surprise locals with captivating experiences.”
The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand believes luxury is defined by experiences. More than a compilation of one-of-a-kind hotels, these properties are a thoughtful curation of stories worth collecting. Whether it’s a modern marvel, a historic gem or a revitalizing retreat, 25 properties worldwide provide thought-provoking environments for guests seeking a sophisticated yet unscripted experience when they travel.
Destination by Hyatt hotels make up a diverse collection of independent hotels, resorts and spacious residences that are individual at heart yet connected by a commitment to embody the true spirit of each location. Formerly known as Destination Hotels, the rebranded collection was recently renamed Destination by Hyatt to reflect its global reach. Each property is purposefully crafted to be a place of discovery through immersive experiences, authentic design and genuine service. In more than 30 locations nationwide, families, groups and couples can connect to both people and place – enjoying a sense of belonging that makes the destination theirs.
Embracing the brand’s original namesake—Joie de Vivre—JdV by Hyatt is all about celebrating the joy of life. The recently rebranded collection of JdV by Hyatt hotels is a vibrant, independent group of hotels that are true reflections of the urban neighborhoods we call home. As champions of diversity and inclusion, each of its 14 hotels offers guests a community for the spirited, the light-hearted, and the young-at-heart.
Expected 2021 Openings:
Planned new hotel openings in 2021 across Hyatt’s independent collection of brands include properties in key markets across the globe, notably the first JdV by Hyatt hotels in Canada and Sweden, as well as:
- Hôtel du Palais Biarritz, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Biarritz, France)
Hôtel du Palais, the only hotel classified as a Palace on France’s Atlantic Coast, will soon emerge from a meticulous restoration to further enhance the majesty and elegance of this exceptional hotel while preserving the spirit of its prestigious 19th century design and architecture. Hôtel du Palais Biarritz expects to reopen its doors in late March 2021 for the season, through October 31, 2021. After completing the final phase of its extensive renovation, the hotel plans to resume operations again in summer 2022.
- Mission Pacific Hotel, a JdV by Hyatt hotel & The Seabird Resort, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Oceanside, California)
Mission Pacific Hotel and The Seabird Resort are both set to open in Spring 2021 in Oceanside, California. The two adjacent hotels will have distinctly different personalities and comprise the newest and largest oceanfront resort development in San Diego County constructed in more than half a century, collectively spanning 700 feet of beachfront property.
- The casually upscale 226-room Seabird Resort will be a classic oceanfront resort celebrating the delights of Southern California living delivering an estate-by-the-beach retreat. The resort will offer an expansive pool with an indoor/outdoor living room, Chef Kurtis Habecker’s inventive seasonal cuisine, nearly 20,000 square feet of spectacular ocean view meeting and celebration spaces, and an expansive spa.
- Mission Pacific Hotel will be the ultimate bohemian-chic coastal experience, offering guests 161 guestrooms, immersive biking, skating and surfing experiences, in addition to bold culinary moments and spectacular ocean views across the property. Embodying the quintessential SoCal spirit, the hotel will be home to Oceanside’s only rooftop pool and bar, along with the Historic Graves House.
- The Shay, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Culver City, California)
The Shay, a 148-room boutique hotel at the new Ivy Station development in the heart of Culver City, California is slated to open in Summer 2021. Ivy Station will offer thoughtfully curated shops, unique and exciting dining, as well as a variety of high-end wellness amenities.
- Commune by the Great Wall, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Beijing, China)
Commune by the Great Wall is currently undergoing an extensive renovation and is expected to welcome guests in April 2021. Comprised of 175 guestrooms including 36 villas, Commune by the Great Wall is an exclusive collection of contemporary architecture designed by 12 renowned Asian architects. Located in a picturesque valley amid lush mountains in rural Beijing, the hotel is connected by a private path to an unrestored section of the Great Wall, offering guests a unique experience at one of China’s most celebrated UNESCO World Heritage sites.
With a deep belief in the power of these independent collection brands, Hyatt plans to add JdV by Hyatt and Destination by Hyatt brand hotels in more locations that matter most to guests and members. Additional properties expected to open or join Hyatt in 2021 include:
- Banyan Cay Resort and Golf, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (West Palm Beach, Florida)
- A hotel in Jingdezhen, China, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Jingdezhen, China)
- The Langbo Chengdu, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Chengdu, China)
- El Capitan Hotel, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Merced, California)
- Story Hotel Riddargatan, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Story Hotel Signalfabriken, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Story Hotel Studio Malmö, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Malmö, Sweden)
- The Anndore House, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Toronto)
- The Walper, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Toronto)
- The Sweetgrass Inn at Wild Dunes, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Isle of Palms, South Carolina)
- A hotel in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
Looking Ahead, Executed Franchise and Management Agreements:
By 2025, Hyatt’s independent collection of brands expect to welcome several new properties including The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand’s entry into Japan, Thailand and Mexico, as well as:
- Hotel La Compañia, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Panama City, Panama)
- Grand Hansa Hotel, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Helsinki, Finland)
- Rancho Pescadero, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Todos Santos, Mexico)
- A hotel in Tongli, Suzhou, China, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
- The Barai Hua Hin, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Hua Hin, Thailand)
- The former Byblos Hotel, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Mijas, Spain)
- A hotel near Mount Fuji, Japan, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Shizuoka, Japan)
- A hotel in Hollywood, Calif., a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
In 2020, Hyatt continued mindful growth of its independent collection of brands across the globe with the following new hotels opening:
- Quirk Hotel Charlottesville, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Virginia), March 2020
- The Last Hotel, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (St. Louis), June 2020
- Wyndhurst Manor & Club, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Lenox, Massachusetts), July 2020
- Mar Monte Hotel, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Santa Barbara, California), August 2020
- Grand WUJI Hotel, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Nanjing, China), September 2020
- Hotel Kansas City, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Missouri), October 2020
- The Wellem, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Dusseldorf, Germany), October 2020
- Hotell Reisen, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Stockholm), November 2020
- Hāna-Maui Resort, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Hawaii), November 2020
Reimagining the Guest Experience with Special Offers
Guided by insights from our guests, members and colleagues, Hyatt is rethinking the guest experience with creativity and care to provide enhanced convenience, flexibility and wellbeing through the following special offers:
Work from Hyatt: Hyatt is giving families, couples and individuals a seamless, much-needed change of scenery from their work-from-home routines, with the Work from Hyatt extended-stay package and Office for the Day option. Travelers can book the extended-stay package at 90 hotels across North America and the Caribbean to enjoy work- and school-life balance with the comforts of a premium resort experience. The Office for the Day offer is available through May 31, 2021 at more than 400 Hyatt hotels in the Americas and newly added hotels in Asia including Bangkok, Hong Kong, Singapore, Seoul, Sydney and Tokyo.
Hyatt Night In: Driven by its commitment to reimagine the guest experience and reignite the joy of travel, Hyatt Night In offers those looking for a staycation a unique way to enjoy an evening or weekend away at a nearby destination. With signature experiences ranging from private dining to plane spotting, and premium amenities to help guests make the most of their night out, Hyatt Night In is available at nearly 70 participating locations September 21, 2021.
The Great Relocate: For World of Hyatt members considering trading work lunches for lunch breaks on the beach, The Great Relocate package offers members the opportunity to live and work from a hotel in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Southwest Asia. The offer is valid for any stay longer than 29 nights through December 31, 2021 when you book by December 3, 2021. Members can enjoy standard in-hotel benefits including earning points and having nights count toward elite-tier status. With spacious guestrooms and suites, refreshing pools, twice weekly housekeeping, private work areas, complimentary gym access, high-speed internet and IT concierge on hand, laundry services, airport or train station pickup and 25% off onsite dining, working remotely can be a breeze.
World of Hyatt Gives Members 500 Reasons to Stay Somewhere New
To provide World of Hyatt members even more ways to be rewarded, World of Hyatt is offering members the opportunity to earn 500 Bonus Points for qualifying nights at new Hyatt hotels and resorts around the world when they open. New additions will be added to this landing page as well. No registration is required and members can earn on top of other offers.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company offering 20 premier brands. As of December 31, 2020, the Company’s portfolio included more than 975 hotel, all-inclusive, and wellness resort properties in 69 countries across six continents. The Company’s purpose to care for people so they can be their best informs its business decisions and growth strategy and is intended to attract and retain top employees, build relationships with guests and create value for shareholders. The Company’s subsidiaries operate, manage, franchise, own, lease, develop, license, or provide services to hotels, resorts, branded residences, and vacation ownership properties, including under the Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Alila®, Andaz®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt®, Destination by Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Zilara™, Thompson Hotels®, Hyatt Centric®, Caption by Hyatt, JdV by Hyatt®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Place®, tommie™, UrCove, and Hyatt Residence Club® brand names, and operates the World of Hyatt® loyalty program that provides distinct benefits and exclusive experiences to its valued members.
About The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
More than a compilation of independent, one-of-a-kind hotels, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt is a thoughtful curation of stories worth collecting. Whether it’s a modern marvel, a historic gem or a revitalizing retreat, each property provides thought-provoking environments and experiences that inspire for guests seeking elevated yet unscripted service when they travel.
About Destination by Hyatt
The Destination by Hyatt brand is a diverse collection of independent hotels, resorts and residences that are individual at heart yet connected by a commitment to embody the true spirit of each location. Ranging from upscale to luxury, each property is purposefully crafted to be a place of immersive discoveries, authentic design, and warm and welcoming service. As an honored host, each Destination by Hyatt hotel connects guests to both people and place—offering a sense of belonging that invites all to make our destination yours.
About JdV by Hyatt
A community for the spirited, light-hearted, and young-at-heart, the JdV by Hyatt brand offers a collection of vibrant, independent hotels that are true reflections of the urban neighborhoods they call home. Each hotel provides an experience that is inclusive in spirit and space, welcoming all vibes, tribes and unique souls—effortlessly bringing people together with joy-driven service. Embracing its namesake, each property invites guests and locals to connect, live in the moment and celebrate the joy of life.
Read original article at Hyatt Newsroom