From Hiking National Parks to Relaxing on Lazy Rivers, Summer Beckons Family Travel
As the temperatures warm and the end of the school year nears, families are ready to turn off their video cameras and embark on summer travel adventures. Marriott Bonvoy – an extraordinary portfolio of 30 hotel brands and an award-winning loyalty program – offers endless experiences across the U.S. and Canada.
“While summer has always been a time for vacations, this year travelers are looking forward to reconnecting with extended families and friends to celebrate the milestones they missed over the last year,” said Julius Robinson, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, U.S. and Canada for Marriott International.
Whether families are coming together to visit with grandparents, celebrate missed birthdays or anniversaries, or simply to experience meaningful quality time together, Marriott Bonvoy has plenty of destinations to choose from this summer.
ADVENTURE IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS
- Tucson, AZ has 350 days of sunshine annually, allowing more than enough time to explore the Saguaro National Park or Catalina Mountains in the Sonoran Desert. Nestled on 850 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain is the perfect destination for adventurous families, with 20 miles of trails for biking and ranger-guided hikes, an expansive pool complex with a 235-foot waterslide, and an in-room tent experience with s’mores to bring the outside in.
- Salt Lake City, UT, is the perfect basecamp for an outdoor family adventure. Hiking and biking for all levels are a few minutes away from the city in local canyons, while nearby National Parks and monuments are just a day trip away. Even the teens will be impressed that the family can explore the stunning Utah landscape by hot-air balloon. Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Downtown offers the comforts of home with free breakfast, spacious suite layouts and a pool.
- San Antonio, TX, welcomes families for a memorable vacation with activities like tubing on the San Marcos River, the Natural Bridge Caverns and Six Flags amusement park. Located in prime Hill Country, the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort draws in families with a 1,200-foot Lazy River, waterslides, a sand beach pool, a kids night out, jumbo backyard games, and more.
- Jackson Hole, WY, is a year-round adventure destination and natural gateway to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park. Located in downtown Jackson near the Jackson Hole Children’s Museum, the all-suite SpringHill Suites Jackson Hole offers family-friendly conveniences such as complimentary breakfast and an outdoor pool.
- Orlando, FL is a must for families, and the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld® is the perfect place to start your Orlando adventure. An official hotel of SeaWorld, the hotel features one of Orlando’s premier on-site water parks, along with exclusive SeaWorld benefits for hotel guests. The resort itself boasts a variety of aquatic activities for all ages, as well as four family-friendly dining options, a full-service spa, fitness center and more. (Photo: R Aqua Zone at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld®)
- Waikiki, Hawaii, is renowned for its popular surf breaks, sunny skies, and family activities such as exploring the beauty of nature and wildlife. The newly renovated rooms at the oceanfront Sheraton Waikiki are a family’s oasis, with resort amenities such as the “Helumoa Playground,” encompassing two freshwater pools and a 70-foot water slide. Families can also try hula, ukulele lessons or lei making sessions.
- Richmond, VA, a pedestrian’s city, is ideally explored strolling al fresco through the Fan District, Historic Church Hill, the Japanese Gardens at Maymont or the Metro Richmond Zoo. Kayak through the city or bike along the river on the Virginia Capital Trail, then relax at Delta Hotels Richmond Downtown, which has an indoor pool and is located in the heart of the city.
- San Diego, CA, with 70 miles of coastline, this destination strikes the perfect balance between beach and culture. Attractions include Cabrillo National Monument, La Jolla Cove and Balboa Park, and the “Smithsonian of the West,” with 17 museums, galleries, performing arts venues and the San Diego Zoo. Located a half mile from the harbor in downtown is The US Grant, a Luxury Collection Hotel, which has welcomed global explorers to San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter for more than 110 years.
- Washington, D.C. offers family fun, new cuisines to try, and an American history lesson. The District has more than 70 museums from the National Museum of African American History and Culture to the International Spy Museum. Steps away from the National Mall, JW Marriott Washington, DC boasts various room types for families that can connect to create adjoining bedrooms with several layouts, offering views of iconic national landmarks.
- Chicago, IL, is a playground for all ages, with unexpected attractions like a climate-controlled Ferris wheel on Navy Pier and an Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit at Lighthouse ArtSpace. Children can test their bravery and step outside the third tallest building in the Western Hemisphere at The Ledge, a glass balcony extending four feet outside the 103rd floor of Willis Tower. Sheraton Grand Chicago, located on the Riverwalk, has an ideal address to explore nearby Michigan Avenue, Millennium Park and the Magnificent Mile.
- Detroit, MI, offers the 982-acre Belle Isle State Park, which boasts a zoo, aquarium, conservancy, Great Lakes museum and plenty of room to hike, barbecue and watch boats. The Henry Ford Museum exhibits one of the largest collections of Americana in the country. Just across the bridge, Courtyard Detroit Downtown features spacious suites, onsite restaurants, a sparkling indoor pool and views into Canada.
CANADIAN STAYCATIONS AND INSPIRATION
When the time is right for Canadian travel, hotels in destinations like Alberta and Ontario will be ready.
- Alberta greets visitors with the impressive Canadian Rockies, Banff National Park, endless forests, and expansive badlands. Kananaskis has adventures like horseback riding, biking, whitewater rafting and fishing. Experience awe-inspiring views from the guestrooms at Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, Autograph Collection. After a busy day exploring trails located steps from the Lodge, enjoy family time at the hotel’s indoor water park.
- Ontario is home to Canada’s iconic Niagara Parks, which will impress even the youngest travelers. Less than 100 yards away, Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls frames the best views from its newly renovated guest rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows that capture daytime and nighttime vistas.
ESCAPE WITH EASE
For those planning a last-minute trip, Marriott Bonvoy™ Escapes offers travel deals every Wednesday with ideas for unique getaways both near and far, and savings of up to 25% for members and 20% for non-members.
With flexible travel policies, Marriott’s Commitment to Clean, contactless services through the Marriott Bonvoy app, and complimentary Wi-Fi for Members, families can relax and enjoy their upcoming summer travel. To explore more travel destinations, activities, and experiences, visit www.marriott.com.
ABOUT MARRIOTT BONVOY
Marriott Bonvoy is the award-winning travel program from Marriott International comprised of a portfolio of 30 hotel brands, a vacation home rental offering, all-inclusive resorts and hundreds of thousands of experiences. Members can earn and redeem points for stays and more, accelerating the points they earn with co-branded credit cards. The program offers more than 300,000 destination tours and activities, as well as exclusive experiences on Marriott Bonvoy Moments. When members book direct on Marriott.com they receive perks including free and enhanced Wi-Fi and exclusive member-only rates, and on the Marriott app they enjoy mobile check-in and checkout, Mobile Requests and, wherever available, Mobile Key. To enroll for free or for more information about Marriott Bonvoy, visit MarriottBonvoy.com. To download the Marriott app, go here. Travelers can also connect with Marriott Bonvoy on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Read original article at Marriott Hotels