Christmas at Gaylord Hotels Open Tomorrow with I Love Christmas Movies Experience
Tomorrow, Christmas at Gaylord Hotels is officially open at Gaylord Palms in Florida, Gaylord Opryland in Tennessee and Gaylord Texan in Texas, with Christmas at Gaylord Rockies in Colorado opening next Friday, November 20. Along with the launch of each resort’s legendary lineup of holiday programming comes the official debut of the brand-new immersive I Love Christmas Movies™ pop-up experience, in collaboration with Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
For more than three decades, Gaylord Hotels has become legendary for providing magical holiday events and activities for winter visitors to experience, and this year will be no different. Each experience has been designed with enhanced and rigorous cleanliness standards in accordance with Marriott’s “Commitment to Clean” program and aligned with the latest local, state and federal guidance.
Individual tickets and holiday packages can be booked at the website. Advance online reservations are required for all ticketed events. Christmas at Gaylord Hotels will be presented until January 3, 2021.
At each resort, guests and locals can experience the all-new I Love Christmas Movies pop-up, with 17,000 square feet featuring fully-immersive scenes from beloved holiday movies, including THE POLAR EXPRESS™, A CHRISTMAS STORY™, ELF™, NATIONAL LAMPOON’S CHRISTMAS VACATION™, and THE YEAR WITHOUT A SANTA CLAUS™. As guests young and young at heart navigate the exhibits, they will enjoy more than 13 interactive scenes complete with replicas of film props, audio clips and more, making participants feel as if they have stepped into part of the actual story.
Alongside I Love Christmas Movies, all four resorts are showcasing Character Dining, where guests can meet their favorite festive characters including Charlie Brown™ & Friends, The Grinch, or Elf on the Shelf. At each resort, guests can take a thrilling ride down the Ice or Snow Tubing Hills. All resorts also offer Photos with Santa by DEI, a Gingerbread Decorating Corner and Build-A-Bear Workshop®. Mrs. Claus’ Christmas Traditions, a live retelling of the Christmas Classic, ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas,’ is available at several properties alongside resort-wide scavenger hunts, as well as much more.
With acres of airy indoor atriums decorated with millions of twinkling holiday lights, towering Christmas trees and thousands of shimmering ornaments, coupled with abundant outdoor fun, visitors can look forward to a myriad of festive property-specific experiences this year. Festive fun at each resort includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Snow Factory – an all-new, mechanized snowy play place with multiple attractions, including Snow Flow Mountain, where guests can slide through factory conveyor belts that have frozen solid and ride on tubes down a thrilling plummet slide or hilly ice coaster. Plus, the Snowball Build and Blast allows guests to build and toss real snowballs.
- Live shows on the grand St. Augustine stage including the dazzling Cirque Dreams Unwrapped stage show featuring stunning feats of showmanship performed on stage and in the air
- An Elf Training Academy inviting little guests to enter the Alpine Workshop and become one of Santa’s helpers in this interactive experience
- The Oak Ridge Boys “Christmas in Tennessee” Dinner show, featuring a delicious holiday meal and the Oaks performing Christmas classics
- Live shows including the Rockin’ Christmas On Ice Skating Show featuring champion skaters, big jumps, fast spins and awe-inspiring throws and lifts
- Pinetop, an outdoor Appalachian-esque village with live performances, shopping, tubing, ice skating, ice bumper cars, festive beverages and more
- Outdoor fun via private horse-drawn carriage rides and a nightly tree lighting and caroling on the Magnolia lawn
- Yuletide Bright, a brand-new outdoor lights attraction featuring over 50,000-square-feet of colorful, glowing holiday-themed lights, characters and scenes
- Additional activities including a Snow Tubing hill made with real snow, Ice-Skating Rink, Build-Your-Own-Snowman activity, and a Christmas Carousel
- Two holiday-themed Escape Rooms allowing guests a chance to test their critical thinking skills
- LIGHT! Experience – Inspired by the high gusts across the Mile-High City, LIGHT! is an artistic take on the wind and its effect on the landscapes of Colorado. Because Mother Nature is the designer, each installation is constantly evolving, never appearing the same way twice.
- Ice bumper cars, where guests can experience the thrill of zooming around on ice, sliding, spinning and bumping with friends and family
- Snow Merry Go Round, a timeless attraction providing endless fun for all ages
ABOUT GAYLORD HOTELS
Gaylord Hotels, part of the Marriott portfolio of brands, offers extraordinary environments with everything in one place—diverse dining options, full-service spas, pools, top-notch entertainment, shopping and more. Locations include Gaylord Opryland in Nashville, Tennessee; Gaylord Palms in Kissimmee, Florida; Gaylord Texan on Lake Grapevine, Texas; Gaylord National on the Potomac in National Harbor, Maryland; and Gaylord Rockies in Aurora, CO.
A CHRISTMAS STORY, NATIONAL LAMPOON’S CHRISTMAS VACATION, THE YEAR WITHOUT A SANTA CLAUS and all related characters and elements © & ™ Turner Entertainment Co. THE POLAR EXPRESS and all related characters and elements © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s20). ELF and all related characters and elements © & ™ New Line Productions, Inc. (s20). TM & © 2020 Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P. All Rights Reserved. The Elf on the Shelf ® and © 2020 CCA and B, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Peanuts © 2020 Peanuts Worldwide LLC. © Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. Used with permission. All rights reserved.
Read original article at Marriott Hotels